Live After Death dvd
I***@webtv.net
2008-02-02 02:35:25 UTC
I just got mine and gave it a quick look. Disc 1 with the original
concert looks and sounds great to me. No problems. And just about
everything on disc 2 is very good as well. But I did notice a problem
with the Rock In Rio '85 segment. The picture seems to make a few tiny
jumps upwards and then a few downwards. This continue throughout. Its
barely perceptable but just enough to be noticed and annoying. I hope I
just have a messed up copy and that its not on all of them.
Tom (the other one)
Frank The Poet
2008-02-06 20:48:18 UTC
Post by I***@webtv.net
I just got mine and gave it a quick look. Disc 1 with the original
concert looks and sounds great to me. No problems. And just about
everything on disc 2 is very good as well. But I did notice a problem
with the Rock In Rio '85 segment. The picture seems to make a few tiny
jumps upwards and then a few downwards. This continue throughout. Its
barely perceptable but just enough to be noticed and annoying. I hope I
just have a messed up copy and that its not on all of them.
Tom (the other one)
Read the "book" that came with the dvd. Time has NOT been good to the
masters from back then, so the tapes are actually ruined. This is as
good as it`s gonna get. Notice Bruces meeting with Daves guitar on
Revelations....

Frank
I***@webtv.net
2008-02-06 22:26:53 UTC
Post by Frank The Poet
Read the "book" that came with the dvd. Time
has NOT been good to the masters from back
then, so the tapes are actually ruined. This is as
good as it`s gonna get. Notice Bruces meeting
with Daves guitar on Revelations....
Frank
Those comments were included in the intial press release for the dvd as
well. I had hoped that it was referring only to less than perfect
picture quality...not the picture actually jumping!
It is dissappointing though, when you consider there are some better
looking bootleg versions out there and much better quality footage of
Queen from the same show.
Tom (the other one)
Frank The Poet
2008-02-07 17:57:59 UTC
Post by I***@webtv.net
Post by Frank The Poet
Read the "book" that came with the dvd. Time
has NOT been good to the masters from back
then, so the tapes are actually ruined. This is as
good as it`s gonna get. Notice Bruces meeting
with Daves guitar on Revelations....
Frank
Those comments were included in the intial press release for the dvd as
well. I had hoped that it was referring only to less than perfect
picture quality...not the picture actually jumping!
It is dissappointing though, when you consider there are some better
looking bootleg versions out there and much better quality footage of
Queen from the same show.
Tom (the other one)
Well, if you add beer, cognac or whisky to the mix, the picture is
perfect. It all depends on how you look at it....;)

Frank
Broadway Blue
2008-02-07 18:58:00 UTC
Post by I***@webtv.net
Post by Frank The Poet
Read the "book" that came with the dvd. Time
has NOT been good to the masters from back
then, so the tapes are actually ruined. This is as
good as it`s gonna get. Notice Bruces meeting
with Daves guitar on Revelations....
Those comments were included in the intial press release for the dvd
as well. I had hoped that it was referring only to less than perfect
picture quality...not the picture actually jumping!
It is dissappointing though, when you consider there are some better
looking bootleg versions out there and much better quality footage of
Queen from the same show.
Queen obviously looked after their tapes a bit better. Tapes deteriorate,
that's the way it goes....as I hadn't seen the footage, it was great to
see it, even though the picture jumps around. It's a great DVD package
though, Disc One is pure brilliance!
White Spirit
2008-02-08 15:10:32 UTC
Post by Broadway Blue
Queen obviously looked after their tapes a bit better. Tapes deteriorate,
that's the way it goes....as I hadn't seen the footage, it was great to
see it, even though the picture jumps around. It's a great DVD package
though, Disc One is pure brilliance!
I bought mine a couple of days ago and haven't had much time to have a
look. After owning DVDs, I no longer use my VHS video casettes, so I
haven't seen Live after Death and Maiden England for a while. (I got
Raising Hell on DVD. That and Life After Death have a really noticeable
improvement in quality).

For some reason, I can only get one channel of sound from my DVD player.
I checked the settings and made sure the player was set for mono.
Maybe I need to get a connector that combines the two audio output jacks
into one (I'm using the composite video lead), or see if I can find my
Scart lead. I usually play DVDs on my PC or laptop, where I can plug
into a subwoofer system anyway.

I'm assuming that Maiden England will be updated for the next disc. I
understand that there is very little live footage from Somewhere on
Tour, so I expect they'll probably try and go for another Seventh Tour
concert. I think there are a few available.

I wonder what's next after that? I'd like to see Donnington '92 redone
with completely different visuals. It'd certainly be nice to see what
the band were doing on stage while playing - I can't watch Donnington
'92 as it is. There are a few professionally recorded concerts
available from 1990 up to about 1993 they could also use. It'll be good
to see something with Janick on when the time comes. Maybe he's feeling
left out?

Btw., can anyway who has seen the latest tour tell me who plays which
solos out of Adrian and Janick? I have to wait until June to find out :)