Maiden show in Mansfield
John
2008-06-21 21:12:00 UTC
That was one of their best. 3rd best I've seen in 25 years after the
original Powerslave tour and the heatwave show in '99 at the Orpheum in
Boston when Bruce returned. The place wasn't sold out but there were at
least 10-12,000 all of whom were into it. Even a heavy downpour at the
start for those not under cover didn't subdue anyone. This was nothing
short of a show for all the true fans of the band, no middle ground here.
Crowd was loud, partying their asses off in the lot prior. Multiple
fireworks shows in the lot after. No assholes like in previous years,
everyone was there to have a great time. Good to see the parents bring the
kids now with 2 generations of fans attending. You can tell we're getting
old when the cops and security dont bother you at a Maiden show
No changes in the setlist from other shows on the tour.
John
trevor ylisaari
2008-06-22 02:44:53 UTC
Post by John
Good to see the parents bring the
kids now with 2 generations of fans attending. You can tell we're getting
old when the cops and security dont bother you at a Maiden show
No changes in the setlist from other shows on the tour.
--
John
Yeah, I was talking to the security guy in front of us at the Cleveland
show.
He was between us and the stage.
He said he loves concerts like Maiden because the fans aren't assholes and
he has an easy night.
Everyone is there to have a good time and not there to cause trouble.

Hell, there wasn't even a real security check to even get in.
They asked everyone to empty their pockets, but didn't even check to see if
they actually did.

--

--------
Trevor Ylisaari
I***@webtv.net
2008-06-24 00:45:05 UTC
Post by trevor ylisaari
Yeah, I was talking to the security guy in front
of us at the Cleveland show.
He was between us and the stage.
He said he loves concerts like Maiden because
the fans aren't assholes and he has an easy
night.
Everyone is there to have a good time and not
there to cause trouble.
Funny, I had almost the same exact conversation with 2 security guys
near me at the Camden, NJ show. They said the Metal shows were easy and
the older crowds were the shows with alot of problems. Jimmy Buffet has
the most extremely drunken a-holes, they said. Another reason to be
proud of being a Metal fan.
Tom (the other one)
trevor ylisaari
2008-06-24 14:50:11 UTC
Post by I***@webtv.net
Post by trevor ylisaari
Yeah, I was talking to the security guy in front
of us at the Cleveland show.
He was between us and the stage.
He said he loves concerts like Maiden because
the fans aren't assholes and he has an easy
night.
Everyone is there to have a good time and not
there to cause trouble.
Funny, I had almost the same exact conversation with 2 security guys
near me at the Camden, NJ show. They said the Metal shows were easy and
the older crowds were the shows with alot of problems. Jimmy Buffet has
the most extremely drunken a-holes, they said. Another reason to be
proud of being a Metal fan.
Tom (the other one)
I don't know about anyone else.
But I pay enough money to go to a show, I am not wasting the experience by
getting hammered.
If I want to get drunk, I go to a bar (or a party)
I go to a concert to have a good time, enjoy the music, and get into the
show.
I want to be able to remember it for years to come. Not just some hazy bits
that someone reminded me about the next day.

--

--------
Trevor Ylisaari
Soze
2008-07-07 16:09:17 UTC
Post by John
That was one of their best. 3rd best I've seen in 25 years after the
original Powerslave tour and the heatwave show in '99 at the Orpheum in
Boston when Bruce returned. The place wasn't sold out but there were at
least 10-12,000 all of whom were into it. Even a heavy downpour at the
start for those not under cover didn't subdue anyone. This was nothing
short of a show for all the true fans of the band, no middle ground here.
Crowd was loud, partying their asses off in the lot prior. Multiple
fireworks shows in the lot after. No assholes like in previous years,
everyone was there to have a great time. Good to see the parents bring
the kids now with 2 generations of fans attending. You can tell we're
getting old when the cops and security dont bother you at a Maiden show
No changes in the setlist from other shows on the tour.
Saw them at Twickenham at the weekend, absolutely awesome...they just seem
to get better and better. The setlist was the same but for some reason I
thought they were playing the tiresome Evil that Men Do so was chuffed to
buggery when they played The Clairvoyant ( which I love! ).
John
2008-07-07 23:11:42 UTC
Post by Soze
Post by John
[...]
They are becoming (or have become) the quintessential live metal band.
Execution is always flawless and Rhyme' is better now than in 85.
You know what a freak I am about Rush? We saw them at the same venue the
Sunday before, a great show but Maiden was far better. I'll readily admit
that.

John
RICK scampiliano
2008-07-09 22:40:43 UTC
<<<<<<<<<Saw them at Twickenham at the weekend, absolutely
awesome...they just seem to get better and better. The setlist was the
same but for some reason I thought they were playing the tiresome Evil
that Men Do so was chuffed to buggery when they played The Clairvoyant (
which I love! ).>>>>>>>>>>>>

How was the attendance at this show? I read that this was going to be
their last UK show for "at least 2 years", which seemed peculiar to me.

btw, "chuffed to buggery"??? me thinks an English to English
translation is in order
Soze
2008-07-13 22:04:15 UTC
Post by RICK scampiliano
<<<<<<<<<Saw them at Twickenham at the weekend, absolutely
awesome...they just seem to get better and better. The setlist was the
same but for some reason I thought they were playing the tiresome Evil
that Men Do so was chuffed to buggery when they played The Clairvoyant (
which I love! ).>>>>>>>>>>>>
How was the attendance at this show? I read that this was going to be
their last UK show for "at least 2 years", which seemed peculiar to me.
They said they would be recording a new album next year...I guess it`ll see
release around autumn time so it`s possible they won`t tour the UK again
until early 2010. There were 50,000 at Twickenham.
Post by RICK scampiliano
btw, "chuffed to buggery"??? me thinks an English to English
translation is in order
It`s slang I guess! Basically just means I was very pleased!