Amon Amarth Sound alike?
h***@gmail.com
2007-12-08 12:37:54 UTC
I like Iron Maiden. Then I stumbled on Amon Amarth. I did not like
many other suggestions from members here on groups that sound like IM
- underoath, DEO, etc. Any suggestions about bands that sound like
Amon Amarth?.
Ian Salsbury
2007-12-08 15:16:33 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
I like Iron Maiden. Then I stumbled on Amon Amarth. I did not like
many other suggestions from members here on groups that sound like IM
- underoath, DEO, etc. Any suggestions about bands that sound like
Amon Amarth?.
It may be worth a try giving some of the folk metal bands a go such as
Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Thyrfing or Manegarm. They`re not a million miles
away but have a more jiggy, folky melody running through them. I`d also
suggest the band "I" perhaps, who brought out a brilliant album called
Between Two Worlds last year and Grimfist.

I wouldn`t say any of these bands *sound* like AA but they generally have a
crossover in fanbase.