Maiden Guitar question
Scall5
2007-07-25 01:53:01 UTC
Hey all,

I have only been playing the guitar for 1.5 years but wonder what
would be a good Maiden song to attempt to learn. The easier the
better! I have no illusions of playing any Smith/Murray solo's
but wonder what song would you point to? Been playing Drifter
some but can't match the pace.

TIA and Up the Irons!
--
---------------------------
Scall5
BigOleBadAssBob
2007-07-25 08:00:15 UTC
Post by Scall5
I have only been playing the guitar for 1.5 years but wonder what
would be a good Maiden song to attempt to learn. The easier the
better! I have no illusions of playing any Smith/Murray solo's
but wonder what song would you point to? Been playing Drifter
some but can't match the pace.
TIA and Up the Irons!
The absolute best thing you could do is to download "Guitar Pro"
software from the internet and a whole bunch of Maiden Guitar Pro tabs
and just sit there watching them for a while, you'll get the idea of how
the style is played.

Songwise - The Wickerman, Two Minutes To Midnight, The Trooper, Prowler,
they'd all be good songs to start to play around with.
Picasso
2007-07-27 10:00:08 UTC
Post by BigOleBadAssBob
Post by Scall5
I have only been playing the guitar for 1.5 years but wonder what
would be a good Maiden song to attempt to learn. The easier the
better! I have no illusions of playing any Smith/Murray solo's
but wonder what song would you point to? Been playing Drifter
some but can't match the pace.
TIA and Up the Irons!
The absolute best thing you could do is to download "Guitar Pro"
software from the internet and a whole bunch of Maiden Guitar Pro tabs
and just sit there watching them for a while, you'll get the idea of how
the style is played.
Songwise - The Wickerman, Two Minutes To Midnight, The Trooper, Prowler,
they'd all be good songs to start to play around with.
Guitar Pro is exactly what you want.

open your winamp... play the section, play it again in guitar pro a time
or two.. print that tab out, and boy have at it.
Scall5
I'll try Prowler first. Thanks!
Picasso
2007-09-02 04:22:41 UTC
Post by Scall5
Post by Picasso
Post by BigOleBadAssBob
Post by Scall5
[...]
try two minutes to midnight too

hooks in you is pretty easy too... and the solo isn't hard either
LongYP
Scall5
Picasso
Try Hooks in You, if you like the song
Picasso
2007-07-29 22:53:33 UTC
Post by Scall5
Hey all,
I have only been playing the guitar for 1.5 years but wonder what
would be a good Maiden song to attempt to learn. The easier the
better! I have no illusions of playing any Smith/Murray solo's
but wonder what song would you point to? Been playing Drifter
some but can't match the pace.
TIA and Up the Irons!
Revelations is also pretty easy...

a lot of piece of mind is pretty good learning material , or at least i
find it is...
david
2007-08-25 19:54:55 UTC
Post by Picasso
Post by Scall5
Hey all,
I have only been playing the guitar for 1.5 years but wonder what
would be a good Maiden song to attempt to learn. The easier the
better! I have no illusions of playing any Smith/Murray solo's
but wonder what song would you point to? Been playing Drifter
some but can't match the pace.
TIA and Up the Irons!
Revelations is also pretty easy...
a lot of piece of mind is pretty good learning material , or at least i
find it is...
I'd second Revelations as a good starting point...
I think the very first song i learnt to play though was Hallowed Be Thy
Name.
My second song was Phantom Of The Opera,it was great at parties when
everyone shouted
"Play that Daley Thompson song,the Lucozade advert!!!!"....
Fear Of The Dark is another good one to help with your musical memory and
i've always enjoyed doing Invaders.Fun song.

It's a credit to Maiden that nearly all their songs are fun to play..i still
can't play Dave Murray style but hey!!!!

hehehe :)
AJAX
Scall5
Stanley Eisen
2007-08-26 03:52:17 UTC
Post by AJAX
From Here to Eternity
Good suggestion - if Gers can play it it must be pretty simple.
Picasso
2007-09-02 04:25:50 UTC
Post by Stanley Eisen
Post by AJAX
From Here to Eternity
Good suggestion - if Gers can play it it must be pretty simple.
that is a lame song... pretty shitty riffs