Losfer Words: What 'Orra?
a***@gmail.com
2017-07-24 18:08:44 UTC
Ever wondered what the title for the the instrumental, "Losfer Words: Big
'Orra" on Powerslave meant? Cool, because I still don't know what the hell it
means!
My feeling (and I could have sworn I read this somewhere, but sadly I cannot find a reference right now) is that Steve Harris, probably the only full-fledged writer at the time, suffered from writer's block with this song. He had a few lines written for it, and the music parts were ready so they got through that fairly quickly, but Steve just could not come up with enough to complete the lyrics. So he was at a "loss for words", and the "big horror" was that they might have to delay release of the album due to this. Of course, they ended up releasing it as an instrumental anyway, and the album went on to be regarded as one of the best metal albums of all time. Much ado about nothing, Steve.
r***@gmail.com
2018-07-03 20:15:28 UTC
Ever wondered what the title for the the instrumental, "Losfer Words: Big
'Orra" on Powerslave meant? Cool, because I still don't know what the hell it
means!
University of California, Los Angeles: Goooooooooooooooo Bruins!!!!!
"Many have tried to prove that they're faster, but they didn't last,
and they died as they tried!"
--Judas Priest, Hell Bent for Leather
Ever consider where these guys were raised? the slang they used? "Losfer Words" = "Loss for Words"..."Big 'Orra" = "Big Horror" (i.e. 'Big Shock' ergo "Durr"). Steve was having writers block.