Mr Bayley
Frank The Poet
2007-05-26 16:23:58 UTC
I haven`t collected much bootleg stuff by maiden since they have released so
many live albums and dvd`s, but I was wondering if there was anything out
there with Blaze worth having?

Frank The Poet
Ian Salsbury
2007-05-26 16:42:20 UTC
Post by Frank The Poet
I haven`t collected much bootleg stuff by maiden since they have released
so many live albums and dvd`s, but I was wondering if there was anything
out there with Blaze worth having?
I only have the one, recorded in Oslo 30 Oct `95. It`s called "Sentrum". The
quality is pretty good but at the end of the day the old songs don`t sound
quite right with Blaze singing them and I`m not enough of a fan of the Blaze
era to bother playing live bootlegs of his songs. I like to have a bootleg
from each era/tour of Maiden which is the only reason I have this one
really...

The setlist of it is

Fortunes of War
Blood on the Worlds Hands
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
The Evil that Men Do
The Aftermath
Sign of the Cross
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Edge of Darkness
Fear of the Dark
The Clairvoyant
Iron Maiden

The encore is missing but I`m guessing it would have had Run to the Hills,
Hallowed be they Name, The Trooper and an old Di`anno song. It seems to be
missing at least one song from the beginning as well. It`s OK as a curiosity
piece I guess.
John
2007-05-26 17:40:10 UTC
Post by Ian Salsbury
The encore is missing but I`m guessing it would have had Run to the Hills,
Hallowed be they Name, The Trooper and an old Di`anno song. It seems to be
missing at least one song from the beginning as well. It`s OK as a curiosity
piece I guess.
Knowing Maiden, they'd have almost exactly the same setlist at every
show. I was at the Toronto gig on that tour (by the setlist and year, it
sounds like The X-Factour, which was my first time seeing Maiden live).
They opened up the show with Man on the Edge, so you're right - there's
at least one song missing from the beginning of the setlist.
Broadway Blue
2007-05-26 16:43:15 UTC
No, not really.
White Spirit
2007-05-26 18:52:53 UTC
Post by Frank The Poet
I haven`t collected much bootleg stuff by maiden since they have released so
many live albums and dvd`s, but I was wondering if there was anything out
there with Blaze worth having?
Get the 'Eternal Flame' bootleg. Great quality all round. The only
negative part is Blaze forgetting the lyrics to one of the songs and
having to hum instead.
Frank The Poet
2007-05-26 20:57:09 UTC
Post by White Spirit
Post by Frank The Poet
I haven`t collected much bootleg stuff by maiden since they have released
so many live albums and dvd`s, but I was wondering if there was anything
out there with Blaze worth having?
Get the 'Eternal Flame' bootleg. Great quality all round. The only
negative part is Blaze forgetting the lyrics to one of the songs and
having to hum instead.
Lol...sounds fantastic. For some reason I guess Harry had a talk with him
after the show....
White Spirit
2007-05-26 21:17:06 UTC
Post by Frank The Poet
Lol...sounds fantastic. For some reason I guess Harry had a talk with him
after the show....
Seriously, it is a great boot. It was just a small part of one song
(well, maybe two...), and both X Factor songs. But listening to it, the
whole band were on fire, and Blaze's performance, apart from being
marred by forgetting a few lines, was excellent throughout. The
recording quality is up to the standard of an official release, the
'bonus' tracks having been recorded for live radio. Go to Google Groups
and search 'Eternal Flame' on this newsgroup to see what others have
written about it. You won't be disappointed.

Also, check out this site:

http://www.maidenfans.com/imc

Click on 'Bootlegs', select which tour you're interested in, and read a
synopsis of each boot, including a rating for quality.

Then, register as a member at:

http://madonmaiden.proboards83.com/index.cgi?

if you haven't done so already, and see if the boot of your choice is
available. Just remember to read the rules and contribute in some way
as leechers are not tolerated.
Frank The Poet
2007-05-27 11:27:27 UTC
Post by White Spirit
Post by Frank The Poet
Lol...sounds fantastic. For some reason I guess Harry had a talk with him
after the show....
Seriously, it is a great boot. It was just a small part of one song
(well, maybe two...), and both X Factor songs. But listening to it, the
whole band were on fire, and Blaze's performance, apart from being marred
by forgetting a few lines, was excellent throughout. The recording
quality is up to the standard of an official release, the 'bonus' tracks
having been recorded for live radio. Go to Google Groups and search
'Eternal Flame' on this newsgroup to see what others have written about
it. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks. I`ll have a read. I just wish Maiden would actually learn from
Metallica when it comes to free stuff. 5 years ago it was the other way
around. Metallica were the bad guys and Maiden the good guys in the "mp3
war", now Metallica are giving away free shows with ok quality but you get
nothing from maiden...

Frank
leechers are not tolerated.
qwerty
2007-05-28 14:06:33 UTC
Post by Frank The Poet
now Metallica are giving away free shows with ok quality
but you get nothing from maiden...
? Where are can I find those shows Metallica are giving away?
They do have a site where you can buy shows but there's no
giving away as far as I know.
Ian Salsbury
2007-05-28 15:42:52 UTC
Post by qwerty
Post by Frank The Poet
now Metallica are giving away free shows with ok quality
but you get nothing from maiden...
? Where are can I find those shows Metallica are giving away?
They do have a site where you can buy shows but there's no
giving away as far as I know.
If I remember rightly you have to sign up to their Metallica Vault and
they`ll then send you emails of links to available free shows. I downloaded
a couple but the quality was never so hot and I`m not much of a fan of
Metallica`s post Justice stuff anyway.
Frank The Poet
2007-05-28 17:32:30 UTC
Post by qwerty
Post by Frank The Poet
now Metallica are giving away free shows with ok quality
but you get nothing from maiden...
? Where are can I find those shows Metallica are giving away?
They do have a site where you can buy shows but there's no
giving away as far as I know.
www.livemetallica.com I think the quality is "good to average" but like
they say themselves on the website: Hell, it`s free. Just register and
download shows from the early 80`s and up until 2003. No surprise, but the
latest shows have the best quality. I downloaded the lot. I love live music
so this is a great thing. You can also buy shows audio or video. not too
expensive either.

Frank
trevor ylisaari
2007-06-03 00:55:32 UTC
Not a big Blaze era fan, but these all have some great sound.

alive on the edge - Brixton - 11/10/95
Boston - 2/13/96
Uncensored - Chile - 8/29/96
The South American Rise - Argentina - 8/31/96
--

--------
Trevor Ylisaari