IRON MAIDEN - Maiden Japan
Mansur Khan
2022-02-19 13:20:09 UTC
I bought it as a CD in a small record/CD shop way back in the early 2000s. I figured it might be a bootleg but it says that its supposed to be a Promotional Copy for Japanese Fans only! Also the owner of the shop said it has excellent sound quality, which it certainly does. There is very little info on the CD or the Digi Pack itself. Its basically got a few old photos and then just the CD. No booklet which is fine by me. Anyway I was glad that I got this as a regular CD since it the sound quality is top notch and Paul Dianno was still their singer. It was recorded during their Killers Tour in Japan. Its essential for any Maiden Fan. If you can find it I suggest you get it as they must have made very few copies back then for the Japanese market.
Mansur Khan
2022-02-19 13:23:07 UTC
Blueshirt
2022-02-19 18:28:30 UTC
Post by Mansur Khan
I bought it as a CD in a small record/CD shop way back in the early 2000s.
I figured it might be a bootleg but it says that its supposed to be a
Promotional Copy for Japanese Fans only! Also the owner of the shop said
it has excellent sound quality, which it certainly does. There is very
little info on the CD or the Digi Pack itself. Its basically got a few old
photos and then just the CD. No booklet which is fine by me. Anyway I was
glad that I got this as a regular CD since it the sound quality is top
notch and Paul Dianno was still their singer. It was recorded during their
Killers Tour in Japan. Its essential for any Maiden Fan. If you can find
it I suggest you get it as they must have made very few copies back then
for the Japanese market.
I have the five track [International] 12" vinyl version of this live Iron
Maiden EP... it does have great sound - from a Maiden gig in Japan in May
1981 - and it's one of the best metal records of all time. The official
versions are easy enough to find, the promo CD maybe not so much so. As
CD's were not around when "Maiden Japan" was originally released in 1981
so your CD was a much later release.