Mariner question
JeePee
2008-09-03 18:57:06 UTC
Hi Maiden fans,

I got a question about the Rime Of The Ancient Mariner song, and
particularly the narrator voice. Does any one of you know who the man is
that speaks these words?
I ask because many moons ago when I went to school in English lesson we
were discussing this poem and we then got to listen to a cassette (it
was the pre MP3 / CD era) with the entire poem. Spoken by the exact same
voice that is on the Maiden song.
I am trying to track down this recording and knowing the name of the man
surely helps a lot.
Thanks in advance.

--
JeePee

So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin',
Help him with his load,
And don't go mistaking Paradise
For that home across the road.
- Bob Dylan -

The New England Patriots - American Football at it's best
http://www.patriots.com/
Locutus
http://www.patriots.com/
JeePee
2008-09-04 20:14:16 UTC
Post by Locutus
Post by JeePee
Hi Maiden fans,
I got a question about the Rime Of The Ancient Mariner song, and particularly the narrator voice. Does any one of you know who the
man is that speaks these words?
Orsen Welles
Hey great! Thanks!! I go hunting again.

http://www.patriots.com/
Soze
2008-09-04 20:28:46 UTC
Post by JeePee
Post by Locutus
Post by JeePee
Hi Maiden fans,
I got a question about the Rime Of The Ancient Mariner song, and
particularly the narrator voice. Does any one of you know who the man
is that speaks these words?
Orsen Welles
Hey great! Thanks!! I go hunting again.
I must have listened to this song a thousand times over the last 20 odd
years and never realised it was Orson Welles. Which is odd as I also
love the 2 Manowar songs he narrates ( Defender and Dark Avenger ).

I`ve just googled Orson Welles, Ancient Mariner and it appears to be
from a long deleted short animated film. Anyone seen it?
JeePee
2008-09-05 19:09:52 UTC
Post by Soze
Post by JeePee
Post by Locutus
Post by JeePee
Hi Maiden fans,
I got a question about the Rime Of The Ancient Mariner song, and
particularly the narrator voice. Does any one of you know who the
man is that speaks these words?
Orsen Welles
Hey great! Thanks!! I go hunting again.
I must have listened to this song a thousand times over the last 20 odd
years and never realised it was Orson Welles. Which is odd as I also
love the 2 Manowar songs he narrates ( Defender and Dark Avenger ).
I`ve just googled Orson Welles, Ancient Mariner and it appears to be
from a long deleted short animated film. Anyone seen it?
I googled as well ofcourse, and apparently it is released this year may,
on a compilation DVD from Facet Video.
http://www.buy.com/prod/lawrence-jordan-album/q/loc/322/207660297.html
What worries me is under features it says 4-disc set, and under
technical info it says Number of discs 1.

Couldn't find just the mariner disc, or an audio file (that's all I
want) of it.

http://www.patriots.com/
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-21 17:24:49 UTC
Indeed that was not Orson Welles although Orson Welles did narrate the entire rhyme as it was written. I too have been trying to find the name of the fellow who did the actual narration on the original album powerslave but I believe that people have been telling me that Bruce Dickinson actually does the narration when they do it live. The narrator on this version a powerslave you can actually hear almost like a vibrato and the air hissing through the nostrils of the narrator but you did not hear that with Orson Welles version