Is THE FINAL FRONTIER the end?
i***@lycos.com
2010-03-05 15:56:21 UTC
IRON MAIDEN announce new studio album 'THE FINAL FRONTIER' and North
American Tour
Published: March 4, 2010

IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio
album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released
late summer of this year.

www.ironmaiden.com

So like the Scorpions, who are calling it quits after "Sting In The
Tail", is Iron Maiden bowing out after this album and tour as well?
White Spirit
2010-03-05 17:27:34 UTC
Post by i***@lycos.com
IRON MAIDEN announce new studio album 'THE FINAL FRONTIER' and North
American Tour
Published: March 4, 2010
IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio
album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released
late summer of this year.
www.ironmaiden.com
So like the Scorpions, who are calling it quits after "Sting In The
Tail", is Iron Maiden bowing out after this album and tour as well?
It doesn't say anything on the website about it being the final album.
I don't believe it's something they would keep anyone in the dark about
either.
Judas Priest Fanatic
2010-03-07 05:52:19 UTC
Post by White Spirit
Post by i***@lycos.com
IRON MAIDEN announce new studio album 'THE FINAL FRONTIER' and North
American Tour
Published: March 4, 2010
IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio
album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released
late summer of this year.
www.ironmaiden.com
So like the Scorpions, who are calling it quits after "Sting In The
Tail", is Iron Maiden bowing out after this album and tour as well?
It doesn't say anything on the website about it being the final album.
I don't believe it's something they would keep anyone in the dark about
either.
LOL everyone over on the Judas Priest ng seem to think it's not only
going to be the end, but that it's going to be a Star Trek themed
concept album............probably it will most likely be a non concept
piece of outer space related tracks. Not necessarily Star Trek, I
think that would be a huge joke. Sure hope it's better than the last 4
studio snoozefests they've been putting out with KS. Need something
faster, more energetic than the crap we've been getting lately. Esp
all the damn acoustic intros - ENOUGH ALREADY.
White Spirit
2010-03-08 12:24:52 UTC
Post by Judas Priest Fanatic
LOL everyone over on the Judas Priest ng seem to think it's not only
going to be the end, but that it's going to be a Star Trek themed
concept album............
I'll go and lurk in order to see what people are saying. It's a shame
there are more people talking about Iron Maiden on the Priest newsgroup
than there are here.
Post by Judas Priest Fanatic
probably it will most likely be a non concept
piece of outer space related tracks. Not necessarily Star Trek, I
think that would be a huge joke. Sure hope it's better than the last 4
studio snoozefests they've been putting out with KS. Need something
faster, more energetic than the crap we've been getting lately. Esp
all the damn acoustic intros - ENOUGH ALREADY.
I really like the last three albums, but I wish that AMOLAD had been
properly mastered.
Scall5
2010-03-08 23:58:38 UTC
Post by White Spirit
[...]
I can't recall the details, but didn't Harris say back a few years back what
his plans were for Maiden?
Scall5
White Spirit
2010-03-09 10:21:13 UTC
Post by Scall5
I can't recall the details, but didn't Harris say back a few years back
what his plans were for Maiden?
All I remember is him saying that they were cutting back on the scale of
tours and doing more stadium and festival concerts instead.

I'd rather see them at Twickenham than Earls Court again...
Soze
2010-03-09 11:53:48 UTC
Post by White Spirit
Post by Scall5
I can't recall the details, but didn't Harris say back a few years back
what his plans were for Maiden?
All I remember is him saying that they were cutting back on the scale of
tours and doing more stadium and festival concerts instead.
I'd rather see them at Twickenham than Earls Court again...
I`d rather see tham at the Hammy O or Brixton Academy...part of me almost
wishes they weren`t so damn popular!! Maiden at the Hammy O on the Early
Days tour was hands down one of the best gigs I`ve ever been to.

I do remember Harris saying he could see the end in sight for the band but
I`m sure he said there`d be at least another album after this one. Most
bands say this and that though....if Maiden were to retire I daresay a few
years later they`d get bored and come out for a few festival appearances and
the like.
White Spirit
2010-03-09 12:33:53 UTC
Post by Soze
I`d rather see tham at the Hammy O or Brixton Academy...part of me almost
wishes they weren`t so damn popular!! Maiden at the Hammy O on the Early
Days tour was hands down one of the best gigs I`ve ever been to.
I saw that gig - it must have been the Clive Aid one because I have the
t-shirt. I also saw them at Brixton Academy at the end of the Brave New
World tour, which was also a Clive Aid gig. The Hammersmith gig was
excellent but the BNW one was the best for me.
Post by Soze
I do remember Harris saying he could see the end in sight for the band but
I`m sure he said there`d be at least another album after this one. Most
bands say this and that though....if Maiden were to retire I daresay a few
years later they`d get bored and come out for a few festival appearances and
the like.
They've reached the position where they can take things easy and work to
their own schedule much more, so as long as the interest is there I
don't see any reason why they wouldn't keep going. In recent
interviews, they've said they're enjoying it as much now as they ever
did, if not more so. They certainly don't have the drawbacks of doing
gruelling tours like the World Slavery Tour...
Soze
2010-03-09 13:26:27 UTC
Post by White Spirit
Post by Soze
I`d rather see tham at the Hammy O or Brixton Academy...part of me almost
wishes they weren`t so damn popular!! Maiden at the Hammy O on the Early
Days tour was hands down one of the best gigs I`ve ever been to.
I saw that gig - it must have been the Clive Aid one because I have the
t-shirt. I also saw them at Brixton Academy at the end of the Brave New
World tour, which was also a Clive Aid gig. The Hammersmith gig was
excellent but the BNW one was the best for me.
I saw them at one of the Brixton gigs as well...they played 2 or 3 nights in
a row if memory serves. I preferred the Early Days tour because of the
setlist really...I`d seen them already on the BNW tour at the time and was a
bit disapointed they didn`t shake up the setlist for the Clive Aid gigs.
Still brilliant mind.
Post by White Spirit
Post by Soze
I do remember Harris saying he could see the end in sight for the band but
I`m sure he said there`d be at least another album after this one. Most
bands say this and that though....if Maiden were to retire I daresay a few
years later they`d get bored and come out for a few festival appearances and
the like.
They've reached the position where they can take things easy and work to
their own schedule much more, so as long as the interest is there I don't
see any reason why they wouldn't keep going. In recent interviews,
they've said they're enjoying it as much now as they ever did, if not more
so. They certainly don't have the drawbacks of doing gruelling tours like
the World Slavery Tour...
Yeah I think they may have quietened down on the quitting rumours. Slayer
were saying the same at one point but seem to have gone the same way as
Maiden...ie we`ll carry on whilst we still enjoy it. Always seems silly to
me for a band to actively retire...almost all of them reform again at some
point in the future.

Soze
2010-03-09 11:51:41 UTC
Post by White Spirit
Post by Judas Priest Fanatic
LOL everyone over on the Judas Priest ng seem to think it's not only
going to be the end, but that it's going to be a Star Trek themed
concept album............
I'll go and lurk in order to see what people are saying. It's a shame
there are more people talking about Iron Maiden on the Priest newsgroup
than there are here.
I`m a faaaar bigger Maiden fan than I am Priest but the Priest group is
infinitely busier all year round than this one...so I tend to just forget to
come in here! I suspect it`ll pick up for the next few months and then die
off for a few years again...
Post by White Spirit
Post by Judas Priest Fanatic
probably it will most likely be a non concept
piece of outer space related tracks. Not necessarily Star Trek, I
think that would be a huge joke. Sure hope it's better than the last 4
studio snoozefests they've been putting out with KS. Need something
faster, more energetic than the crap we've been getting lately. Esp
all the damn acoustic intros - ENOUGH ALREADY.
I really like the last three albums, but I wish that AMOLAD had been
properly mastered.
I loved AMOLAD...playing it now in fact. Always look forward to a new Maiden
album.