Iron Maiden's Book of Souls
Scall5
2015-09-24 03:56:52 UTC
The more I listen to this album, the more I think "EPIC". Superb stuff
going on with this album.
Scall5
Glenn
2015-09-26 04:14:25 UTC
Post by Scall5
The more I listen to this album, the more I think "EPIC". Superb stuff
going on with this album.
Unfortunately it does not appear to be growing on me. You hear epic, but I hear too much basic stuff and rehashed stuff. There are bits that sound like 6 year olds practicing a basic strum together.

Empire Of The Clouds is grade A awesome though, and Death Or Glory is a good rocker, and the instrumental stuff last third or so of The Red And The Black catches my attention.

I hate having my expectations built up as they were with this album, because it almost always ends up in disappointment.
Adam
2015-09-26 14:31:46 UTC
Post by Scall5
The more I listen to this album, the more I think "EPIC". Superb stuff
going on with this album.
Same here. The most ridiculously lengthy song, Empire Of The Clouds, has
turned out to be my favorite one.